Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Metapost (Also in the Age of Machines)


Visits to, posts at, and a running thirty-day average of visits at Ich Bin Ein Oberliner for the last 715 days.
(Note: this excludes the seventeen subscribers on Google Reader and unknown number of other subscribers)

The advent of powerful programs like Excel lets me do things like make this utterly unnecessary graph. Hope you enjoy it. If I've learned anything from it, it's Don't stop posting. Ever. Even for a couple of weeks, because you will lose visitors.


In other news, I'd like to announce a few changes to the blog roll. I'm adding a blog written by my father (congrats on entering the liberal blogosphere, dad!). It's called How Are We Doing Today. The subtitle: "Musings of an unabashed liberal about how the current administration of the US government is performing."


Go, read. And comment, he really wants you to comment. Dad, one blogger to another: readers rarely comment. Don't let it get you down; they're reading. I think there's some kind of tipping point your readership has to reach before they're willing to comment. Someone should do a study, but my guess is the upper hundreds per day results in comments.


I'm also re-adding my brother's blog, Pronto Pup now that he's posting again, and I'm reflecting the change in my sister-in-law's blog, as it is now called Word Savvy not The Savvy Mom.